Monday, November 9, 2009

Vaccination Day: HepA

This morning, for the first time, Mommy bravely took me to see Dr. Florence alone. It was time for my Hepatitis A vaccination jab (optional). We wanted to see her last Saturday morning but we didn't make an appointment. Since it was quite a busy morning, we were advised to make an appointment to see her at another time. So the appointment was today at 11am...


In good behaviour. Sitting down, eating a biscuit...

Mommy was quite relief that I didn't really give her a hard time at the hospital. I didn't try to run away when they wanted to check my weight and height. When Dr.Florence checked me over before the jab, I was quite cooperative too. But as soon as she inserted the needle in my right thigh, I wailed. Nevertheless, I quickly calmed down much to Mommy's relief. Only when Mommy wanted to show her my nappy area that I became a little scared. I am always itching down there. The Bepanthen or Drapolene didn't help. So my doctor suggested that we try Vaseline. When it was time to leave, I said "Bye-bye" and waved to the nicest doctor I know...

I was a good girl... until a while after that, whilst waiting to make payments. I started to feel uncomfortable in my right thigh. But I didn't complain that it hurt. I didn't want Mommy to carry me yet I didn't want to walk. I just cried and cried. When we were back in the car, I calmed down. When we were finally home, I also managed to put on a smile when Mommy let me 'drive'...

Mommy, look! I am driving... driving... driving...


Back home, my right thigh still felt very uncomfortable. I started to cry again. I cried a lot. I cried myself to sleep. When I woke up, I cried until Mommy gave me a bottle of milk. After finishing it, I continued to cry. I was a crypot almost all day. What a day!


Boo-hoo-hoo... I don't feel well...


The cotton ball which was taped on my right thigh...

No comments: