Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fever, Fever, No More!

It has been the worst fever ever! For 5 days and 4 nights, my temperature fluctuated between 37.5'C and 40.0'C. I never had a temperature over 38.0'C before this. It started last Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning, I was taken to the Sunway hospital when my temperature rose to 38.8... and again on Monday (before dawn) when it rose to 39.9!! Paracetamol alone didn't seem to help. Only after 2 days of antibiotics (given upon 2nd doctor's visit), my temperature become normal again... much to my parents' relief...


I insisted on checking my temperature myself this morning...



See, no more fever (36.8'C)... since yesterday afternoon...



Snacking on some blueberries. My appetite has improved. Yesterday, I was already asking for extra servings of broccoli for lunch and later finished a whole box of blueberries. Just the day before that, I could not even finish 1 slice of bread or half a bottle of milk...



Baby TV on channel 618. This chaneel really helped kept me entertained and from fussing. I watched it almost all day... Mommy accidentally found this channel a couple of weeks ago. There is a different story every 5 minutes which I enjoyed very much. 'The Snowies' and 'The Mice Builders' are my favourites...



My parents camped in my room and closely monitored me through those nights... (well, the air-cond in their room was also broken)... 3 out of the 4 awful nights, they had to insert 'the voltaren 12.5mg bullet' up my backside to bring down the temperature. The doctor advised them to do so when the temperature is over 39. I cried but was very cooperative. I was also calm and did not cry when we went to see the doctor both times. I only cried during the second visit when I had to do a blood test... During my fever, I also sweat a lot. Good thing, I love drinking lots of water. But Mommy has to change me many times throughout the day and especially at night. Because I am still so fussy about what I want to wear, she has to do the laundry everyday. I also vomited a few times...

I have been sick every month since I started school. Usually it is just cough and colds, besides tummy problems. So this fever scare is making my parents have 2nd thoughts about letting me continue to attend school for the next 2nd half of the year. They are still debating over it...

No comments: