Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Langkawi - Day 1 (06-May-2011)

Our first day in Langkawi (6-May-2011) was filled with the following activities:

1. Shopping

We had our lunch in the Kuah town, where we also bought a lot of chocolates, some beers, stout, whisky and even DOM. They were so cheap!! Believe it or not, a bottle of beer cost cheaper than a bottle of mineral water here!

Although it drizzled a little, it was a terribly hot and humid day. Yet, as you can see in the photos below, I insisted on wearing my cardigan...


After shopping... holding my precious box of M&Ms tightly...


2. Drawing


Before my afternoon nap, I did a little drawing and surprised my parents and my grandparents with this picture. They didn't know I could draw. Now, where did I learn how to draw like this?


Drawing of a girl's head... No one helped me. Every stroke was mine...


3. Swimming

Although I still felt a bit tired after my afternoon nap, I managed to drag myself out of bed to go swimming...


With my new float... slowly going down the steps of the 2-feet deep pool. The water was warm and nice whilst the sun was still scorching hot at about 5pm...



I love swimming!



Very happy... I felt more at ease swimming here than when I was in Cherating because I had the whole pool to myself most of the time here...



Playing at the steps leading into a jacuzzi... whilst Mommy and Ku-cheh enjoyed themselves in it. Children below 12 years old aren't allowed in it, you see... aiseh!


4. Relaxing


After a splashing good time in the sea and/or swimming pool, the gentlemen basked in the sun and talked about some serious business stuff. Sam-sam who was about 6-months pregnant was also at the table with them. Mommy and I joined them briefly...



Father and son enjoying life... I was also there playing outside Yeh-yeh's room after my shower before we went out for dinner...



With my Mah-mah... I love Mah-mah!



With Mommy... waiting for the others before going out for dinner...


5. Watching the sunset...



The breath-taking beautiful sunset caught our attention... So we went to the beach to soak in its beauty...



Ah... life is beautiful!


6. Dinner


Dinner at the May Hiang Restaurant not far from our resort was good... We were so hungry that we polished almost every dish...



By the end of the day, I grew very attached to Kevin-gor-gor and Ku-cheh... I wanted to hold their hands only...


7. Games & TV

I know the adults had a really good time playing cards, watching sports on TV and drinking some beer that night. Their laughter was loud and long. We were all very happy. We retired to our individual rooms at about 10:30pm. I was super-tired and slept soundly through the night. Zzzzz...

1 comment:

ChloeRuoyi said...

Such a nice and relaxing family holiday. Can see that everyone was so happy :) Shopping there is fun too... the chocs, beer, liquor etc. I miss Langkawi already hehe...