Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weaning Off The Pacifier (Day/Night 1)

Lately, I have been throwing my pacifier around, then picking it up when Mommy didn't notice and popping it back into my mouth. Imagine all those germs!


Before I was sick recently, I would usually need it only when I wanted to nap or sleep. But since the time I recovered, I wanted it all the time... even when I was eating! Whenever Mommy or Daddy tried to tell me to take my pacifier out especially when I wanted to say something, I would also adamantly refused and threw a tantrum. It has become such a bad habit...

So Mommy finally decided and started to wean me off the pacifier yesterday. She thought she try cold turkey first and see how it goes...

During the day, it was fine. Whenever I requested for it, she would turn my attention to something else and I would forget about it quite easily.

During the night, however, it was harder... When I am awaken in the middle of the night, I found it difficult to fall back to sleep. I would cry in frustration as I tossed and turned. I woke up several times and Mommy tried to pat me back to sleep. Somehow, we managed to endure till the morning...

No comments: