Friday, April 3, 2009

Cough, Fever and Cold! (2)

Since I didn't have any more fever but only a little cough, Mommy sent me to Mah-mah's house and Daddy went back to work.
Later that evening, my fever was back and my face was all flushed in red. I lost my appetite and now I also have a running nose. I didn't want to eat or drink my milk.
Mommy tried to persuade me to drink my milk. She put milk in a little cup, which I like to drink from. That didn't work. Then, she tried to give me a straw, which I like too. Didn't work either. I was eager to drink when I saw the little cup or straw, but after 1 sip, I didn't want it anymore. But I wanted some bread, so she dipped pieces of bread in milk for me to eat. I took only half the bread. She thought, it's better than nothing.
So now I have to take my cold medicine. I could not be persuaded to take it. Mah-mah had to hold me tight and I was forced me to take my medicine. I was terrified and cried, spitting out the medicine. Mommy felt so bad...
Later, Mommy managed to trick me into taking the medicine without force. I thought it was a game. I held the syringe-like thing (without needle) which has my cough medicine inside it. I offered it to Daddy and Mommy. They pretended to taste it. Then I also put it in my mouth as Mommy quickly pressed some out. It tasted sweet. In the end, I finished it all... much to everyone's relief. I also like drinking from Daddy's glass. So I drink a lot of water from it as Mommy helped me hold it...

No comments: