Friday, April 3, 2009

Cough, Fever and Cold!

I woke up crying 2am today. I was hot all over and also coughed a little. Mommy gave me some milk mixed with 2.5ml of Nurofen (for fever) and I went back to sleep. She put a cool towel on my forehead as I slept. Every few minutes, she would turn the towel or wet it again.

At about 5am, I woke up crying again. Mommy had to play with me for a little while and kept me entertained with my little turtle soft toy before I went back to sleep.




My fever has subsided by the time we went to see my pediatrician at about 9:15am. I didn't cough much but my voice has changed. I brought 'Sheepy' out with me...



Dr. Florence had to do ward rounds. Usually I would run around when waiting for my turn. But this time, I sat down quietly. I amused myself playing with my pacifier. We waited until about 10:45am.




Whilst waiting, I noticed a familiar packet in my bag. A packet of biscuits. So I demanded to have some and was given some...




My turn finally came. Dr. Florence checked me over. I cried when she put her stetoscope on my chest and back. I cried so much, my mouth was wide open... so she could also looked inside my mouth without much trouble. I didn't have any bronchitis or sore throat.

I was given some cough and cold medicine. We also got a bag full of milk samples which we usually get after visiting my pediatrician. This time, there are 2 sticker books inside too.


No comments: