Friday, July 8, 2011

Cards for My Teachers

After spending half a year in school, I have shown much progress both intellectually and socially. So it's time to express my thanks to my teachers for their hard work, patience, kindness and encouragement. I made 6 simple 'Thank you' cards. A card for each subject teacher:

Teacher Candice - Chinese
Teacher Chedy - Graded Reading (English) & Cultural Studies (Montessori)
Teacher Emy - Phonics (English)
Teacher Jamie - Bahasa Malaysia
Teacher Pinky - Art & Crafts
Teacher Stacy - Sensorial (Montessori) & Mathematics

Mommy had a number of ideas (some borrowed from my cousin's blog) and she couldn't make up her mind. Should I draw, paint or stick pictures? In the end, I did a bit of everything. I drew, painted, coloured my drawings and punched out teddy-bear-shapes for the cards. I enjoyed painting the most. It was a lot of work. The project took me about a week to complete!



Writing, then drawing some pictures and later, colouring them...



Finger-painting the flowers and the leaves and drawing the stems...



The semi-finished product...



Final touch by Mommy: Teacher's name on floral paper pasted at the center...



Inside the card: I wrote my name, coloured the heart next it and pasted teddy bears around the message 'Thank you' (pasted by Mommy) at the center...



6 completed cards for all my 6 class teachers...



6 little notebooks to go with the 6 little cards, besides the Cadbury chocolates (no photo)...

No comments: