Saturday, July 16, 2011

Parents-Teacher Meeting

It's Saturday but I went to school with my parents this morning. They had an appointment with Teacher Jamie, who was the teacher-in-charge of my progress in school. Whilst they sat down to talk about my progress, I went upstairs with a friend to play at the music room...

My parents received the following folder...



What is it? It's my 2011 Mid-Year Learning Progress Summary Report...



Summary report of what? It's a summary report of all the assessment subject papers, which Mommy has already placed nicely in the clear pocket holder at home now (together with all the other schoolwork which I had brought home from school)...


2 of my assessment subject papers (Chinese and English) in the clear holder...

What were my subject papers? There were 8 papers: Bahasa (2), Chinese (2), English (1), Phonics & Vocabulary (1), Cultural Studies & Sensorial (1) and Mathematics (1).

Here are some examples of what's in the papers:




Easy and difficult ones, with a few wrongs here and there...

What did my teacher say I need to work on? My writing, especially the formation (which stroke should go first) of the small letters ('f' and 'g') and certain Chinese words...

What other notable comments (not in my summary report) did my teacher make?
1. I enjoyed the English subject most.
2. Even though I do not speak much Mandarin at home, I am making good progress in this subject. Also, I sometimes speak in Mandarin, copying what others, saying "jer ke mei mah?" (is this nice?) when showing my work to the teacher.
3. I pushed a boy off his chair because I didn't like him to sit with me. I wanted my teacher to sit with me.
4. I am very hyper-active during Music class. My teacher also noticed that I have good rhythmic sense and suggested that I should attend additional classes of Music and/or Art.
5. I am not as timid as I was during the first few months of school. I am, in fact, the loudest (and most probably the nosiest) in class now. (My parents were not surprised by this fact, as I am very loud at home and when in the car too)...
6. I always finish my assigned work quickly in school. (At home, I almost never finish what I start)...

No comments: