Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Am a TV Addict!

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I would say is "Mommy, can I watch TV.... pleaseeee?"

Mommy: *shaking her head*  Say "Good morning, Mommy" first...
Me: Good morning, Mommy.... Now, can I watch TV??  Huh? Huh? Pleeaasseee?
Mommy: No...
Me: Why?!
Mommy: Don't always TV, TV, TV lah... Too much TV is no good for you... bla bla bla...
Me: When can I watch TV?
Mommy: Later...
Me: Later when? Long hand point to 12 already, it's showing 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates' nooow... 

That's what you hear almost every morning.  If you let me, I can watch Disney Junior on Astro all day.  Even though, there are always reruns, I would still watch them whilst doing other things too..

This week, Mommy is endeavoring to resume the 'training' to limit my TV viewing to only 3 cartoon shows a day.  I get to pick any 3 shows.  "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" are usually top in the list followed by "Angelina Ballerina", "Little Einsteins", "Octonauts", "Animal Mechanical" OR "Special Agent Oso".  Hmm, nearly all of the cartoon shows on Disney Junior are my favourites.  The training stopped temporarily last week as I was not well and TV helped to keep me in good spirit.  I actually started this 'training' about 3 weeks ago...


Here are some of the things I did, starting October 2, Sunday evening:

1. Painting
My paintings are of my own originality.  Mommy only helped me fill my water palette with water colours and my plastic bottle with water.  Daddy taught me earlier how to add a little water to the colours and mix them.  After that, I didn't want anyone to tell me what to paint or how to do it...


Artist at work...

"My pretty dancers"
"My garden"
"My house and garden"
A few of my paintings,
which I proudly placed on the fridge...
"Rainbow grassland"


2. Writing, Colouring and Drawing

I write a line, a day.
If the way I write is wrong, I have to erase and write again
(Note: 2 and 8: Formation is better and correct now
)

Yi, er, san, ....
(Note: Need more practice...)

I like a pink smurf!
(Note: I completed the whole picture and a few others..)

Besides practicing my letter and number writings (numeric and Chinese), I did some colouring and drawings.  I especially like the 'fruits' drawing sessions.  I would pick a fruit, watch Mommy draw it, then I copy and we colour them together.  See examples below...


Pick of the day: Avocado, cherries, mango...

My writing and drawings on the left, Mommy's on the right...
More drawings...
Sorry, I dunno how to draw bananas! So ugly hor.  Hahaha...

3. Sand Art
Finally, Mommy showed me how to do it.  It was interesting but.. as we did it outside the house (Mommy didn't want any mess inside the house) I was sweating a lot and didn't like it.  In the end, Mommy finished the work.  There wasn't enough sand to complete one picture.  So the outcome wasn't splendid either. Nevertheless, I admired it every time I saw it (before Mommy threw it away)...



Sand from 'the house' (incomplete) to complete 'the girl'..


4. Others
Other activities when not watching TV include playing the piano, riding my bicycle, Lego building, playing hide and seek with Mommy, learning maths with Daddy, etc. and nap!  Yes, I take naps (forced to) in afternoon once again for an hour or so.  After finally almost recovering from so many months of coughing off and on (since May), I need to catch up on some sleep.  My naps these few days have been short but sweet and good for me...



Even though I was not too happy with the idea of 'less TV", I quickly adjusted. It was fun doing other things besides watching TV.  Nonetheless, I still ask the same question almost every morning: Mommy, can I watch TV, please?

Oh dear, I'm a TV addict!

1 comment:

Ben and Shaun said...

Hi, happened to come across your blog. Your little girl is really good at painting and writing for her age. Well done!