Friday, March 25, 2011

Mystery of Tummy Aches Solved!

Everyday I complained about tummy aches. It often struck after food, especially after my milk in the morning and also after school…

For weeks, Mommy had been trying to find the source of the problem. Is it an excuse not to attend school? Or an excuse to ’cha yau’ (because I like the yuyi oil)? Did I eat too much? Too fast? Too little? Gastric? (I sometimes don’t eat during school break time) Wind? Is it because I played with my belly button? Drank too much water? Didn’t empty my bladder too long? Changing brands of milk powder? Constipation? Appendicitis?!

We visited my pediatrician but she couldn’t check me properly because I was not cooperative. Based on what Mommy told her, she prescribed some medicine for wind and constipation. One thing for sure, it was NOT appendicitis (phew!). If it were, the pain would be increasing and continuous…

Just when we thought I no longer have any tummy aches problems, I suffered a terrible constipation problem one Saturday evening at Mah-mah’s house. Just the day before, I already went to the toilet twice, morning and night (small hard stools but a lot of them). Yet, I still wanted to poo-poo but couldn’t. I complained that it was stuck and cried a lot. I sat in the toilet and then on the potty for more than an hour…


A pump of medicine up my butt at 7pm (NOT recommended for children as advised by a pediatrician later), a dose of medicine for constipation (given by Dr. Florence) at 7:30pm and a trip to the clinic at 8pm, didn’t bring any immediate relief. Finally, back home, I made a really big “no. 1” in the living room at 10:45pm. It was a really huge pile and my potty was more than half full!
For the next few days after that, I continued to poo a lot. Since there was still some hard stools, I continued to take the medicine for constipation for 2 more days. Despite having a cough, Mommy gave me yogurt again everyday, besides fruits and the constant toilet reminders. After about a week, my bowel movements finally seem to be back to normal early this week (It’s clear that today’s poo was from yesterday’s meals because of the strawberries I had)…

Constipation had never been a problem till recently. I do not wish it to happen again...

On a less serious tone.... See, my cat:


Isn't she the cutest?! Kekeke...

No comments: