Thursday, August 19, 2010

Learning to Read - A Few Words a Day

Mommy just recently (finally!) finished reading a book with the title "Teaching Your Baby How to Read" (forgot the author's name) and was very eager to apply what she learnt...

My first lesson yesterday went well. I read these three words (including my name): "Leanne", "sweet" and "home". Why the words "sweet" and "home" first? Well, that's because Mommy has been reading those "Home Sweet Home" magazines and I often ask her to 'read' it to me. Usually, she would only read the titles or subtitles. I can recognise the title of the magazine but just to be sure I can read them, she made the cards...


Three words only... kacang putih lah...




Today, Mommy taught me two additional words: "daddy" and "mummy" (first words to teach as suggested in the book she read)...


The 5 cards Mommy made and words I just learnt and can read...




Seeing that I learnt rather quickly, Mommy was so eager to teach me more words but held back. She said just a few words a day first, don't want to overdo it...

No comments: