Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Have Nothing to Wear

It's Family Day tomorrow and I have nothing to wear!  So it seems.... Why?  Well, it is probably early this year that I started this idiosyncrasy that I will NOT wear anything that is sleeveless or has sleeves that are too short.  But I actually have quite a number of blouses/t-shirts and dresses without sleeves...

No sleeves? No Thanks!
Four of the dresses (and many more) which I refused to wear this year...

Nevertheless, I would make a few exceptions for certain dresses, which I don't mind wearing ONLY if I can wear a cardigan (short or long sleeves) over it, like this one:

Which one?
Hint: The one marked with a yellow star.
I have already worn this for Children's Day in school this year.

Now, the colour is important too.  Today, I loudly announced whilst Mommy was doing a last minute shopping, that "I like a pink dress, with flowers and with sleeves!".  Mommy loves the dresses at the Brands Outlet, but this time, it was not easy finding one my size.  What more, one that is with sleeves.  Most of the dresses with sleeves are for 1, 2 or 3 years old.  I turned 4 already this month.  I did try on a few dresses for ages 2 and 3.  The length was alright but they were all a bit tight at the top.  So Mommy had to return to the shop in the afternoon with me to exchange one she already bought this morning...

2 new dresses.  Which dress passed the test?
Answer: Neither. 
The left dress (for age 4) doesn't have sleeves.
The right one (for age 5) has short sleeves but it is not pink!

In the end, I decided upon the dress below, which has been hanging in my wardrobe for some time.  It is pink, with flowers and with sleeves.  Perfect?  Not really.  It is still slightly big for me but at least, I have something I like to wear for the Family Day tomorrow...

THE DRESS

No comments: