Thursday, January 6, 2011

Second Day of School

On my second day of school (04-01-2011), I woke up crying... I reached the school crying... and I went home crying... Why? What happened??

1. I didn't want to take my afternoon nap the day before and I slept late that night. It has not been easy getting me to sleep. So I was still quite tired when Mommy woke me up...
2. I didn't want to wear my uniform...
3. I fell down just outside the school compound whilst walking to school from the car and hurt both knees. They were bleeding and painful...
4. Staying attentive and cheerful for more than 3 hours in school is a bit difficult for a sleepyhead who also wanted her nen-nen (milk) just before class was dismissed...


Teary eyes... (see the big tear under my left eye?)

Teacher Ee Lin (the principal) gave Mommy some antiseptic cream to apply on my poor knees. I was still sobbing a bit when class started. Not many students were present today. At first, there were only Yan Jun (the naughty boy), Adbinan (the Indian boy) and me. The oldest girl (January child), Ni Jie and the sweet girl were absent. Later, another new girl (Qiao Ern) joined our class...

Listening to teacher in class...

Teacher Kavita helping me to draw a little flower under the rainbow...


Colouring my rainbow...

Teacher explaining what colours to use for my rainbow...

Soon, I was back to my cheerful self. I really enjoyed my class. So Mommy managed to escape for about an hour. She went home to complete a few house chores...

Around 11:30am, my tiredness got the better of me. I kept crying for Mommy and asked her for nen-nen. She had to explain many times that there was none on hand. Since it was already close to 12pm, Mommy thought we should head back home. But I refused to leave!! I wanted my nen-nen and stay where I sat. So, Mommy asked me to choose: Go home and have nen-nen, or let mommy go home to get nen-nen. Reluctantly, I chose to let Mommy go. I told her "Leanne's home not very far. Drive fast fast and come back okay?"... When she came back I was still crying and I continued to cry even after we have reached home...


My green rainbow and the picture Teacher Jenny drew for me in an effort to cheer me up...

My timetable...

Back home, my cat managed to comfort me and I stopped crying. She felt very warm because Mommy put her in the sun earlier. I saw her drying in the sun and thought it was funny. Mommy brought her in for me and hugging her made me feel better...

My cat, so warm and comforting...

I finished the nen-nen Mommy made earlier and had an egg before I announced that I was full already. I took an early nap and only ate my lunch (ABC soup and rice) at about 3:30pm after I woke up from my nap...

Taking an early nap... totally tired out...

My poor knees covered with cuts and bruises...

The sticker from a teacher during a class when Mommy escaped for an hour...

Do I like school? The answer is still "YES!"....

No comments: