Monday, November 10, 2008

Bumps and Blueblacks

I have been so careless as I endeavour to learn how to walk. I like to pull myself up to stand and then let go! Especially when I am on the big bed...



Last Saturday, I was sleeping with Mommy and Daddy. When Mommy woke up early to go to the toilet, I quietly climbed over the pillows and... BUMP!! I fell off the bed with a loud thud. I screamed my lungs out. Daddy and Mommy rushed to rescue me but too late, I have a big bump on my head now.

That Saturday was not my day. I bumped my head 3 times. I knocked my head against the table when I forgot to hold on. After the 2nd time, I was not in a good mood already. When we were at Uncle William's house for his farewell gathering, I knocked my head there too and then I was inconsolable... so much so that Daddy and Mommy had to leave early.

I have a blueblack on the right side of my head (near my eye) and a bump on top of my head. Sob!

Mommy felt the bump only yesterday. But I was in better spirit yesterday when we attended Aunty Lee Lee's wedding in the afternoon. I behaved and enjoyed the rice and music. There, I met Mommy's old schoolmates too. After the wedding, I showed off my skills to Poh-poh (standing, singing, clapping, climbing up the steps, etc.) She was thrilled.

That night, I fell backwards and knocked my head (again!) against the tv cabinet behind me. I was playing with the strawberry-shaped pillow and holding it so high up until I lost my balance and fell.

What a bumpy weekend!

Anyway, this morning, the swell seemed to have reduced and the blueblack spot has faded slightly. Daddy and Mommy are a bit relieved but still very concern.

No comments: